JOIN US ONLINE FOR WORSHIP!
Sunday worship service videos for May 24th and May 31st will be posted online at 9:00 a.m.
GETHSEMANE'S REOPENING UPDATE
Gethsemane is planning to resume in-person worship services starting Sunday, June 7th.
Government officials and medical experts have issued guidelines for the re-opening of churches. We will closely follow these guidelines (see below) to assure the safety, health and well being of our congregation. Some of the requirements may seem intrusive, but we are making plans and working hard to see that things go smoothly.
Those attending worship will be required to have their temperature taken, to wear masks, and to be seated a safe distance from others in the sanctuary. These are difficult times, and as such, by following these guidelines, our worship service may seem somewhat awkward. But remember, we will gather to worship the God who has given us the gift of eternal life; He has given us everything. These small inconveniences are nothing in comparison to what Jesus Christ suffered because of our sins.
For those who wish to worship from home, the service will continue to be available online through the Gethsemane website.
In the next few weeks, much more information will be coming to you through emails, mailings, Andrew Calls and conversations with your Elder. Thank you for your patience over these last few months. With God's help, we will get through this and become a stronger and more intentional church!
GUIDELINES FOR REOPENING
Based on guidance from Governor Abbott and using guidelines from the CDC, we will use the following to resume in-person services at Gethsemane. The health of our members is paramount. In recent weeks we have all learned the importance of being responsible and cautious as a way to protect others around us. That same approach will be needed as we proceed back toward normalcy. With that in mind, we offer the following commitments to you:
· Pastor Jerry is being tested for the coronavirus and will only lead services as long as his tests show no virus (to date, he has never tested positive).
· We will thoroughly clean the sanctuary with approved cleansers before and after each service.
· Communion--when available--will only be offered in a non-touch way to ensure sanitary conditions are maintained.
· Offerings, greeting time and fellowship will all be modified to minimize touch points or delayed until deemed safe.
· We will add or modify any procedures that are required by our local, state, or federal officials.
· We will continue to offer online and audio-only service access to those who are unable to gather with us at this time.
We also respectfully ask all attendees to abide by the guidelines given to us by the Governor and the CDC. Anyone unwilling to follow these will not be allowed to attend--for the health and safety of all.
NOTE: These same guidelines are in place at every Memorial Hermann hospital (as well as others) and have been instrumental in preventing the spread of the coronavirus by those who may be infected but showing no symptoms.
If you feel sick or have a fever, you should stay home and access our services in the multiple ways we have provided.
Only the main entrance will be open.
For fire safety all exits will be accessible, but we ask that you also exit out the main doors to assist us with cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
We ask for your patience and that you maintain six feet of social distancing throughout the entrance and exits processes.
1. All attenders will be required to wear a face covering. If you do not have one, Gethsemane will provide a mask for you.
2. Upon arrival you will use hand sanitizer to cleanse your hands.
3. You will answer a brief questionnaire about symptoms and any possible recent exposure to someone positive for the novel coronavirus.
4. Your temperature will be taken. No one with a fever above 99.1° will be allowed to enter.
5. Ushers will guide you to pews for seating that maintains safe distancing. Family members are welcome to sit together while maintaining correct distance from other attendees.
6. Bulletins, hymnals or Bibles will not be present to minimize touch points. All service materials will be provided on our screens.
7. Our plan is for services to be approximately 50 minutes, or less.
8. Pastor's Bible class will be offered in the sanctuary at 10:00 am (please note this temporary time shift) maintaining safe social distancing.
Other classes hope to resume soon.
9. For sanitary reasons no coffee or fellowship snacks will be provided but members may bring beverages in covered containers.
We thank you for respecting these guidelines from our trusted health and government leaders. Stay well and we hope to be together with you soon.
You can also participate in online worship services through a conference call and by using the UberConference app at the worship times listed above.
Through the conference call, you will be live with Pastor Jerry McNamara and congregation members from Gethsemane.
UberConference Gathering (Audio and Video)
There is also an app for phones or tablets to make connecting easy!
Conference Call Phone Number (Audio Only)
then press 1 to enter the conference call.
If you know someone that does not have internet access, please also share this information with them to participate.
Pastor will also be hosting Bible classes through the same conference call information above.
You can participate in Bible classes at the following times:
Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday Morning Bible Study at 10:00 a.m.
Anyone is welcome to call-in and participate
in Worship and Bible Classes!
They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.” Mark 14:32 (NIV)
This Congregation exists to proclaim the Kingdom of Christ on earth by working together as His children.
GROW UP in His Word,
GROW OUT in His Ministry,
GROW TOGETHER in His Love.
We have been serving the Houston community for more than 60 years. We invite you to join us to start or continue your journey with Christ!
4040 Watonga Blvd., Houston, Texas 77092
Church Office: Call: 713-688-5227 email@example.com Pastor Jerry McNamara: Call or Text: 832-576-6716 jerry@youmattertoGod.org Preschool Director, Kim Perry: Call: 713-688-8346 Kim.A.Perry@sbcglobal.net